What is Natures Gold Fertilizer, Fertilizer Mulch and Potting Soil?
- Natures Gold Fertilizer is derived from composted biosolids originating from the City of Kelowna's innovative chemical free wastewater treatment plant.
- Natures Gold Fertilizer has been produced using nature's recipe book. Just like streams and lakes, natural aeration helps to purify the water, while microorganisms break down the solids. Wastewater treated at the Kelowna plant uses the same idea: the liquid is treated and returned to streams and lakes, and the solids are further processed by microorganisms to form stable, organic matter called biosolids. These biosolids are then mixed with spruce, fir or pine wood by-product and then aerobically composted to high heat levels to form a coarse grade of compost. The compost is dried down and then screened, resulting in Natures Gold Fertilizer.Product Page
- Natures Gold Fertilizer exceeds BC Ministry of Environment standards and it has been exhaustively tested to be safe for use. Research and years of experience have demonstrated this product to be environmentally safe and beneficial. Because only natural bacteria are used at each step of the process, and no chemicals are introduced, we can ensure the finished compost is low in heavy metals and free of pesticides. Using this product contributes to the recycling effort and puts vital nutrients back into the environment, where they play an important role in soil fertilization and conservation.
- Natures Gold Landscape Fertilizer Mulch is the over-fines from our screening process. Like our fertilizer, the fertilizer mulch contains all the essential plant nutrients, but with a coarse texture similar to bark mulch. Product Page
Shannon Lake Golf Course - light area - no product - dark area shows where product applied
Shannon Lake Golf Course -- light area - no product - dark area two weeks after product applied
Why Natures Gold is Nature’s Alternative for all Plants Economics
- Each cubic metre of Natures Gold fine screened fertilizer will supply these nutrients (in Kg): 7N - 4P - 1.5K - 2.2Mg - 2.5Ca - 0.5S - 0.4Zn - 0.07B
- Each cubic metre of Natures Gold fertilizer mulch will supply these nutrients (in Kg): 4.5N - 2.25P - 1.0K - 0.55Mg - 1.8Ca - O.02S - O.45Zn - 0.07B
- A single application of Natures Gold fertilizer or fertilizer mulch is sufficient to supply these and other plant nutrients for 4-12 months depending on the soil type and irrigation schedules. Higher applications of Natures Gold will release nutrients for longer periods.
- When synthetic fertilizers are used, studies show that 35-55% of the available nutrients are lost through volatilization to the atmosphere, leaching by irrigation or rainfall, or immobilization in the soil. All of the nutrients in Natures Gold will become available as the compost continues to decompose and as plant roots grow into the compost.
- Natures Gold fertilizer is more cost efficient than synthetic fertilizer. One or two applications of Natures gold would supply more nutrients over the season than numerous synthetic fertilizer applications, reducing the costs of spreading fertilizers and losses of synthetic fertilizer nutrients to the environment.
- Using Natures Gold fertilizer and mulch benefits the environment and reduces costs. Valuable raw resources and environmentally harmful processes are used to produce synthetic fertilizers and synthetic soil amendments. The production of Natures Gold, on the other hand, uses natural, chemical free processes that combine by-products previously destined for the landfill and converts them into valuable nutrients and soil amendments.